Here’s the little tutorial about the activation of the functions of Mitsubishi ETACS.
1. We order the J2534 cable here：
Cheap $15.99 and waiting …
2. Install it on the driver. My laptop with WIN 10 64-bit picked it up right away. Maybe it’s in the OS, maybe in that I had previously installed ELM-327, but the fact that the drivers were installed.
3. Carefully follow the instructions:
For 32-bit versions of the OS (x86):
1. From the / x86 folder in the archive, run the MVCI Driver for TOYOTA.msi and install, following the instructions of the installer.
2. Connect the Mini VCI cable to the USB port of the computer, wait for the drivers to be installed.
3. From the C: \ Program Files \ XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS folder, run FirmwareUpdateTool.exe,
click Device Info, and verify that the cable information is displayed.
4. Installation is now complete.
For x64-based versions of the operating system (x64):
1. Create a folder C: \ Program Files (x86) \ XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS.
2. Copy the contents of the / x64 folder there from the archive.
3. Connect the Mini-VCI cable to the USB port of the computer.
4. Start “Device Manager”:
a. If two unknown devices are displayed, then install the drivers manually, specifying the
C: \ Program Files \ XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS folder to search for drivers and tick the box “Include
b. If Windows installed its drivers on unknown devices, then you need to find devices ”
USB / USB Serial Converter” and “Ports (COM and LPT) / USB Serial Port (COM #)” and update the drivers for them, specifying
to search for the drivers folder C: \ Program Files \ XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS and
tick the box “Include subfolders.”
5. Connect the Mini-VCI cable to the USB port of the computer, wait for the drivers to be installed.
6. From the C: \ Program Files \ XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS folder, run FirmwareUpdateTool.exe,
click Device Info, and verify that the cable information is displayed. At me it was not launched.
7. Create the folder C: \ temp \ mvci.
8. From the C: \ Program Files folder (x86) \ XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS, copy the MVCI32.dll
file to the C: \ temp \ mvci folder.
9. From the C: \ Program Files \ XHorse Electronics \ MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS folder, double-click the file
2534.reg and agree to make changes to the registry (it is necessary for EtacsDecoder to see the cable).
10. The installation is now complete.
For those who are very interested – here is the contents of the -Reg file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ PassThruSupport.04.04 \ XHorse – MVCI]
“Name” = “J2534 – Mangoose Pro”
“Vendor” = “J2534 Technologies, Inc.”
“ConfigApplication” = “J2534_Mangoose.exe”
“FunctionLibrary” = “c: \\ temp \\ mvci \\ MVCI32.dll”
“DeviceId” = dword: 000001f8
“APIVersion” = “04.04”
“ProductVersion” = “1.1.0 ”
” ProtocolsSupported “=” J1850VPW: 1, J1850PWM: 1, CAN: 1, ISO9141: 1, ISO14230: 1, ISO15765: 1 ”
” J1850VPW “= dword: 00000001
” J1850PWM “= dword: 00000001
” ISO9141 “= dword: 00000001
“ISO14230” = dword: 00000001
“CAN” = dword:
“SCI_B_TRANS” = dword: 00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ PassThruSupport.04.04 \ XHorse – MVCI \ Parameter]
“Baudrate” = dword: 0001c200
“Comport” = dword: 00000005
“Connect” = dword: 00000000
“Interface” = “AUTOMATIC”
“Firmware” = ” x ”
” LE “= dword: 00000000
” LN “= dword: 00000001
” SN “= dword: 00000000
Personally, I have difficulties with the 8th paragraph. I did not create a Temp folder and accordingly * .Reg file could not register it. The hour of attention and everything turned out.
4. Download the program From this site . Run (I do not install it, it just starts.)
4.1. If you have not registered yet – enter any user name and password and select Registration
4.2. We select in the CAN-driver XHorse MVCI
5. We insert a cord in OBD a socket, we include ignition.
6. In the program, move the slider to the On position.
Next, select the parameters that you want to change (ignition is still on) and click the Save to Block button. (In the English version somehow differently). Pay attention to the number of restrictions on the record
Under the new rules: every new account at registration receives
* 1 request for beginners
* +1 times at 72 hours renewable request
* +1 free for the presence of a welcome packet (until it is spent)
* +1 free for the availability of a 3-day full version (total 4 requests)
* 3 full-day full version (for access to Tools.)
all existing accounts receive:
+ 1, every 72 hours a renewable request if there are no paid packages
+ 1 if there is a full version (for the duration of the package action) or any paid query package
+ 1 if there is both a full version and a package of paid requests .
Therefore, it is better to change all necessary parameters at once and then “flood”.
After the data is written, a message appears asking you to turn off the ignition and turn it on after 1-2 seconds, then press OK in the program.
In addition, there are two groups of parameters:
Option and custom. Option – offer to choose from the preset parameters, and Custom – like as “manual” settings, but they are set anyway from the preset values.
Below I want to collect a description of all possible functions and their description.
To date, included the following, useful in my opinion functions:
– “Smart washer”;
– cut off fuel consumption after a night (long) parking;
– Has switched on automatic blocking of doors at achievement of speed of 20 km / hour;
– I switched on the DRL mode until the low-beam headlights (later I’ll redo the PTF – I need to install a relay – who knows the relay number – share the number), with the dependence on the handbrake.
Hope it helps.
Disclaimer: The tutorial was translated from Russian. Credit to Justin , Your are at your risk.